Catamaran Fury in Cozumel

I have heard that the Fury tour was not very good since the hurricane. My aunt was on a cruise last week and overheard that they didn't see many fish.

Has anyone gone on this tour lately? What tour do you suggest? My son is 11 and some tours will not allow children under 12. Do you know if they are strict about this?

i was on this tour less than a week ago and it was great! not a lot of coral...cozumel is very damaged! we did see a few pretty fish though. the tour is so much fun though because of the beautiful catamaran, fun crew, and great private beach they take you to. not to mention the included beers and margaritas (not that your 11 year old could partake in that). if you're looking for the best snorkeling this is not the place, but it is definitely a great time!

We did the Fury last week also and had a great time, although the snorkeling was poor. Lots of people getting into the water at one time scared away the fish pretty quickly. Right after we got in the water, there were some good fish, and my brother saw a stingray close by, but then that was kind of it. Then we went to their private beach. They had floats to lay on in the water, beach volleyball, and sea kayaks, all included in the price. The trip back to the pier was a very fun party atmosphere (probably due a lot to the "free" drinks), with fun music and dancing; cleancut, though - nothing I would think of as inappropriate for an 11-year-old.

I Have been on the Fury Catamaran twice in the past yrs and would do it again in a heartbeat. The crew makes the trip alot of fun. they also feed food out to atract fish which helps. We took the early morning sail so we were one of the first people in the water so we saw more fish. MY husband and I went alone on the first trip and had just as much fun going with the group of 12 we had the secound time.

Archived