TP French Polynesia Immigration Queston

cruisernurse

I had read a recent PRincess Patters that FP immigration comes on the ship on the 2nd sea day and all passengers must go through the process. Is this still hold true? I don't recall that being the case in 2004. We will leave in April and just trying to know if we should expect this then too.

Nancy

Nancy,

The "Immigration Inspection" was the day after visiting Rarotonga. FP requires this after visiting a foreign port. This was a sea day and scheduled between 8:00 am and 11:30 am. We received a letter in our stateroom specifying what time we should arrive, which was 10-11:30 am for us. I went earlier, around 9:30 as there were activities starting at 9:45 that I wanted to attend. The lounge was pretty much empty except for several tables with crew members and maybe immigration officials. Anyway, we just breezed through showing our return airline ticket from FP to the US, the passport receipt given when you board the ship (they take and keep your passport) and a completed immigration form and they then return your passport to you.

Renee

Not a big deal, really, but I have heard people surprised that Princess takes their passport at embarkation. Rarotonga is not part of FP, it's part of New Zealand, hence the immigration issue. Hang onto those passport receipts! :)

Archived