Captains Circle Loyalty

Pine Man

Hi my first post here.

Having used P&O for many years I have decided to try out a Princess cruise next year.

Before booking the cruise I registered on line and was given the Platinum loyalty level, which appeared to take account of some, but not all, of my P&O cruise history. My wife also registered on line but, despite accompanying me on all previous P&O cruises, she was not given any loyalty level.

My query is, should she have the same level as me and, if not, will my loyalty benefits be applied to her when we sail together next year.

Many thanks.

56 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

should she have the same level as me

No, and technically you should not have received any loyalty benefit but for some reason Princess sometimes brings P&O loyalty over. The same thing (well opposite) happened to me last year when we booked our first Princess cruise - I got no loyalty and my wife got Elite.

59 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

will my loyalty benefits be applied to her when we sail together next year.

No, but you can try asking if her benefits can be applied - some have had success but others, myself included, have not. Basically if you don't ask you won't get!

Same here wife went straight in as Elite, me as nothing. Made some enquiries and was advised that they cannot change mine.

Decided to leave as is or risk them removing wife's Elite status, which the majority of the perks I can benefit from anyway as being in the same cabin.

14 minutes ago, Essex Racer said:

Decided to leave as is or risk them removing wife's Elite status, which the majority of the perks I can benefit from anyway as being in the same cabin.

That was my view - the only "perks" that you miss out on are the 10% discount on excursions and invites to drinks parties, which if you have the Plus package are not really much of a perk.