Alaska Shore Tours

grangerlady

Planning a Celebrity cruise to Alaska beginning June 7, 2024.   In looking at shore excursions offered by Celebrity, I am seeing some already sold out or have very few spots open.   There will be four of us (two couples) travelling together.

We are really interested in fishing.  I am looking an independent charter - GO FISH Charters which operates out of Clover Pass Resort.   The instructions say we would have to take a taxi to and from this destination.  Which dock does Celebrity use at Ketchican?  Just trying to figure out how far it will be by taxi to get to Clover Pass from the pier.  Has anyone had experience with this charter? There are only a few reviews on Trip Advisor but mostly all really good.   Trying to decide if saving a couple of hundred dollars per person is worth the time and hassle to get our own transportation.  The ship only has one spot left for it's fishing excursion.

Also, has anyone booked Alaska shore excursions through Alaska Shore Tours?   I realize they are also a booking company but I double checked several excursions with the independent tour operators they use in various ports and it is not anymore expensive to use this company.   Their pricing is fairly equivalent to Celebrity.   I am thinking it might be easier to use on company to book tours in several ports rather than individual bookings?????

Thanking in advance for any suggestions!

We booked horseback riding for my wife and daughter through Alaska Shore Tours while my sons and I did ziplining through another provider on Radiance last month and they were very happy with the meetup, transportation, and the exclusion itself. 

We booked all of our excursions through independent operators for our cruise in each port. None of the excursions were more than 30 min from port, going to be close on time (most were mid-afternoon returns with the ship in port until dinner time, etc so we were comfortable doing so. If it was a country we weren't familiar with, concerns about equipment (ie. aircraft maintenance) or a time crunch we it might be different, but I think this is pretty low risk.

6 hours ago, grangerlady said:

.......Which dock does Celebrity use at Ketchican? ........

Check the Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska website (goggle is your friend) for the docking assignment for your ship.  Celebrity does not use Ward Cove so your ship will be centrally located downtown.