Oslo Pass

I've just been told by a company in Oslo that I was thinking of booking a private guide with that yes if you buy the Oslo pass at the pier and show them your cabin key you will get a discount. They didn't tell me in the email what the discount was but on reading a old TR somewhere that person mentioned 20 percent.

At the moment I'm thinking of doing Oslo on our own with the pass.

Diana

Was their a discount (if so how much) for the pass at the pier leaving the ship? I'm on the Constellation in June.

Thanks,

Kurt

You might want to consider the red buses where you can hop on and off like in London. I think that's what we've decided to do in Oslo since we'll be in port for such a short time. We're on the same cruise with you! Hope to meet you at the get together!

Joan Weber

We too are on the June 17 cruise. Last Sept we were in Oslo and used the hop on hop off bus. It picked us up right at the dock. We got a break when we loaded. They only charged us $20 each. It was the last day and gave everyone a discount.

We plan on using it again on the 19 of June to get around.

Not much time in port. The first I'm doing is heading to the Viking ships.

Kurt

I'm also on the June 17th Connie Baltic cruise..:). The viking ships are a priority with us since our 17 year old son is really into vikings. However, I read that since the ship docks so early if you want to make the most of your time in Oslo it's worth heading first for the Vigeland Park and Scupture garden because it's open and the Viking museums aren't until around 9am. The following is a quote from someone's trip report, unfortunately I can't recall who wrote it so I hope they will forgive me for quoting them without credit.

"First I'd recommend getting an Oslo Card online before you arrive. We didn't, I thought we could get it when we arrived, but we docked in an unusual spot and I couldn't find one. We were off the ship at 7:10 am and walked into town. Found tram #12 and rode it to Frogner (Vigeland) Park & Sculpture garden. The tickets for trams and buses are expensive $4.30 for l hour. With the Olso Card this is included. We were at the park by 8 am. It was very quiet and peaceful, an excellent early morning sight.

We caught bus #20 from the front of the park and rode it to bus #30 line. Took bus #30 to the Fram Museum on the Bygdoy peninsula. The Fram opened at 9 a.m so it's important to go there first. Other museums open later. At 9:30 we walked next door to the Kon Tiki museum. Both these museums are worth seeing. A 15 minute walk from here brings you to the Viking Ship museum, which I thought was the least impressive of the three. It has a huge parking lot so many ship tour buses go here. We then walked to the Outdoor Norwegian Folk museum. This is only a 5-6 minute walk from the Viking museum."

Diana

I'm also on the June 17th Connie Baltic cruise..:). The viking ships are a priority with us since our 17 year old son is really into vikings. However, I read that since the ship docks so early if you want to make the most of your time in Oslo it's worth heading first for the Vigeland Park and Scupture garden because it's open and the Viking museums aren't until around 9am. The following is a quote from someone's trip report, unfortunately I can't recall who wrote it so I hope they will forgive me for quoting them without credit.

"First I'd recommend getting an Oslo Card online before you arrive. We didn't, I thought we could get it when we arrived, but we docked in an unusual spot and I couldn't find one. We were off the ship at 7:10 am and walked into town. Found tram #12 and rode it to Frogner (Vigeland) Park & Sculpture garden. The tickets for trams and buses are expensive $4.30 for l hour. With the Olso Card this is included. We were at the park by 8 am. It was very quiet and peaceful, an excellent early morning sight.

We caught bus #20 from the front of the park and rode it to bus #30 line. Took bus #30 to the Fram Museum on the Bygdoy peninsula. The Fram opened at 9 a.m so it's important to go there first. Other museums open later. At 9:30 we walked next door to the Kon Tiki museum. Both these museums are worth seeing. A 15 minute walk from here brings you to the Viking Ship museum, which I thought was the least impressive of the three. It has a huge parking lot so many ship tour buses go here. We then walked to the Outdoor Norwegian Folk museum. This is only a 5-6 minute walk from the Viking museum."

Diana

On the June 3 cruise the docking hours are 230-900..So I figure if we get off the ship around 230-245 head to city hall about 3:00 pick up the ferry head over and I'm counting on a solid hour seeing the viking ships. After that, walk around town and back to ship.

Kurt

Archived