Ocean balcony, which side to pick?

On 8/20/2023 at 8:42 PM, allyfree said:

Oh, no! We will be going to Olden, but we are in a starboard cabin. Is it enough of a difference that I should call to see if I can change it?

2022 Jewel we docked starboard side. Oasis class seems to prefer starboard side also. 

On 8/22/2023 at 6:20 AM, Saab4444 said:

You replied to a question about Olden! Most upcomming Fjord cruises of Anthem do not even stop in Geiranger, only one in May 24..

No ... the question was about which ship side is best for the fjords on Anthem - I've just done Norway on Anthem including Olden AND Geiranger ... port side .... and have done so several times before ... sheesh, read the posts properly before commenting!

23 hours ago, sarahsentry said:

so for a western Caribbean wouldn't it tend to be half and half?  sun wise?  And good to know smoke wise!

Depends on the itinerary. Typically there will be 4 or 5 days that are going either south or west and 2-3 that are going north or east. That would be 4-5 days with either morning sun port side or sun off the bow and 2-3 afternoon sun port side or sun off the stern.

On 8/23/2023 at 3:46 PM, orville99 said:

Depends on the itinerary. Typically there will be 4 or 5 days that are going either south or west and 2-3 that are going north or east. That would be 4-5 days with either morning sun port side or sun off the bow and 2-3 afternoon sun port side or sun off the stern.

Our itinerary is below.  we'd prefer afternoon shade if possible but it looks like we'd get a mix?

The smoke is a bigger concern I think.  if we pick a lower deck (8?) do you think it would be noticeable?  

Any downsides to being on 8 with Central Park?

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 3.58.36 PM.png

12 minutes ago, sarahsentry said:

Our itinerary is below.  we'd prefer afternoon shade if possible but it looks like we'd get a mix?

The smoke is a bigger concern I think.  if we pick a lower deck (8?) do you think it would be noticeable?  

Any downsides to being on 8 with Central Park?

Based on that itinerary, you should get afternoon shade until you round the tip of Cuba on your return leg. As for smoke, there is no way any smoke from the pool deck will ever get down to deck 8 (at least we have never smelt smoke in the more than 20 cruises on Oasis class ships when we have a cabin on that deck. BTW, deck 8 is our favorite deck.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Based on that itinerary, you should get afternoon shade until you round the tip of Cuba on your return leg. As for smoke, there is no way any smoke from the pool deck will ever get down to deck 8 (at least we have never smelt smoke in the more than 20 cruises on Oasis class ships when we have a cabin on that deck. BTW, deck 8 is our favorite deck.

that's if we pick port right?