Tell me about Meraviglia

seasidemama

Following this! We (my husband, myself and 11 year old daughter) too are finding the pricing on Royal to be depressing and prohibitive. We just came off Liberty last week and had hoped to book a May cruise for 2024 on Symphony thru NextCruise. Holy freaking cow.....the prices! We even looked at ocean view window and inward-facing balconies (we usually go with ocean view balcony) and the prices were double and triple what we paid for Oasis for last May (and that's without drink packages or wifi). Ain't gonna happen. 

Took a look at Merviglia for May '24 and booked it. Half the price of an ocean view on Symphony and that is in an Aurea level premium balcony with 3 drink packages (2 Easy Plus and a minor package) and wifi! Really hoping we like it....I'd love to be Loyal to Royal but Royal doesn't want me to be unfortunately (we do have 3 upcoming Royal cruises booked between now and Dec '24...but these were booked prior to the prices shooting up). 

Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rakaia said:

Following this! We (my husband, myself and 11 year old daughter) too are finding the pricing on Royal to be depressing and prohibitive. We just came off Liberty last week and had hoped to book a May cruise for 2024 on Symphony thru NextCruise. Holy freaking cow.....the prices! We even looked at ocean view window and inward-facing balconies (we usually go with ocean view balcony) and the prices were double and triple what we paid for Oasis for last May (and that's without drink packages or wifi). Ain't gonna happen. 

Took a look at Merviglia for May '24 and booked it. Half the price of an ocean view on Symphony and that is in an Aurea level premium balcony with 3 drink packages (2 Easy Plus and a minor package) and wifi! Really hoping we like it....I'd love to be Loyal to Royal but Royal doesn't want me to be unfortunately (we do have 3 upcoming Royal cruises booked between now and Dec '24...but these were booked prior to the prices shooting up). 

Fingers crossed! 

5 night Liberty 6/29/24 three in OV balcony is just over $5K at the moment no drinks/wifi nada. Who is paying these prices?

1 hour ago, seasidemama said:

5 night Liberty 6/29/24 three in OV balcony is just over $5K at the moment no drinks/wifi nada. Who is paying these prices?

Exactly! I just can't stomach those prices. I feel lucky we did book our 3 upcoming RC cruises a while back. We got Liberty next August (5 day in OV balcony) for a smidge over $3k (not KSF as high season) and both of our upcoming December 7 day cruises (OV balconies; Anthem this year and Odyssey next year) for $2.5K (KSF for both). 

I'm hoping Royal hits the ceiling with prices and starts to normalize to pre-Covid prices at some point but there are lots of people willing to shell out $$$$ so there isn't much incentive for RC to do so now.

Hoping MSC provides a good alternative; we also really don't want to fly.