Half Moon Cay Cabana Question

MistyRo76

4 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

We just returned from our cruise last weekend. We ended up getting cabana 10 and it was a great location. There were restrooms just right back behind our cabanas. And the food pavilion was just a short walk. We walked over there and brought plates of food for our group back to the cabana and ate there. It was not super loud or crowded down in this area at all. We could hear music from the bars in the distance. 

we did not use the trams except for the one that took us to our stingray excursion. But the cabana attendant sent a ride to pick us up and take us back to port. Not sure if that is normal or not. But she asked what time we wanted to leave and then came back just before that time and told us a tram would pick us up on the road just behind the cabanas. 

we loved having a cabana and would do it again in a heartbeat! 

Sounds amazing. There are no particular excursions on our cruise that really stand out to me but this would be such a wonderful treat. I think we will go for it and I appreciate the information about your particular cabana. I'm gonna go look at some pics of the one you had and feel free to share some here lol  The price has apparently jumped more recently but to me worth it to have that relaxing spot to veg and dry off and get out of the sun a little.

Just now, Sarmiento2 said:

Sounds amazing. There are no particular excursions on our cruise that really stand out to me but this would be such a wonderful treat. I think we will go for it and I appreciate the information about your particular cabana. I'm gonna go look at some pics of the one you had and feel free to share some here lol  The price has apparently jumped more recently but to me worth it to have that relaxing spot to veg and dry off and get out of the sun a little.

Here are a few pics of our cabana (handsome bearded man not included! 🤣🤣). 

81FD1762-B2CB-49F4-BF02-2227CDECC164.thumb.jpeg.e7a066b5bb217ed682425bb4668df8e8.jpeg47412303-05DA-49EA-A3D3-65795988CAD6.thumb.jpeg.f1f3ea108fdee23766bfc5e3f37236c5.jpegF53C00A4-4717-4990-9354-26A625C3CCDB.thumb.jpeg.f377045c4b477823a79f05ace77e3f05.jpeg6F130B26-5DE1-41D2-9C05-D888288C2695.thumb.jpeg.bf97416cb60c93f3120ac89deb88ea41.jpeg6F130B26-5DE1-41D2-9C05-D888288C2695.thumb.jpeg.bf97416cb60c93f3120ac89deb88ea41.jpegCF10BC94-9898-40AE-889E-636DF2A09503.thumb.jpeg.776f3bf3166b14a9ce8e56e5f09547da.jpeg

We shared it with the family we were traveling with so 4 adults and 2 kids. But other than to eat lunch, we were never all in the cabana at once and no one said anything about there being more than 4 people. 

I lucked out as the prices went up just days after I booked it so we got it for the $499 but split the cost with our friends. I may not pay that if it was just us. But we definitely did love having it! 

We did the stingray excursion here and it was great. And at only $49pp, it was much cheaper than other sea life encounters at our other port call in Nassau. But our kiddo would have probably been just as content to play on the beach and in the water too! Lol 

23 minutes ago, Sarmiento2 said:

Right now, we just booked our cruise yesterday and the cabanas are not available on the site yet as its so far off for our cruise date (next October). I know we are crazy hehe. We had one booked for the spring but my daughter was due to have a baby the day we were stepping on the cruise, so we made the change from one cruise to another (MSC to Holland America) and doing a transatlantic. 

Your cabana looks amazing and I've jotted down the number, hopefully we are lucky enough to get it. How far in advance did you book it? Ya sure the sexy bearded man isn't included. Him and my hubby could bring me drinks hehe