Peloton - Edge

Irish clare

9 minutes ago, Irish clare said:

Hi, I am on the Edge in 2 weeks , I know there is / was a few Peloton bikes in the gym for use .. do you need your own account to access the classes or is it logged on to a celebrity account 

thanks 

On our last couple of cruises there were always 4 Pelton bikes set aside for non class use. There are more (don't know how many, a lot) dedicated only for classes. I do not have a Peloton account and used the bikes everyday. 

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, ScreamWithMe said:

@doghog Were the bikes on the ship when you went?  I have an upcoming sailing in a suite where I've previously requested a bike in the room. When I requested it this time I was informed by the concierge that the bikes had been removed due to a recall (likely the seat post recall)

On our March Apex cruise there were always 4 Pelton bikes set aside for non class use in the gym. There are more (don't know how many, a lot) dedicated only for classes. I do not have a Peloton account and used the bikes everyday. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ScreamWithMe said:

@doghog Were the bikes on the ship when you went?  I have an upcoming sailing in a suite where I've previously requested a bike in the room. When I requested it this time I was informed by the concierge that the bikes had been removed due to a recall (likely the seat post recall)

We were on the Eclipse in October and the same set up in the gym as our March Apex cruise. 

On 11/9/2023 at 8:17 PM, doghog said:

On our March Apex cruise there were always 4 Pelton bikes set aside for non class use in the gym. There are more (don't know how many, a lot) dedicated only for classes. I do not have a Peloton account and used the bikes everyday. 

As of my last sailing, the bikes used for classes are not Peloton.

On 8/24/2023 at 2:41 PM, Irish clare said:

Hi, I am on the Edge in 2 weeks , I know there is / was a few Peloton bikes in the gym for use .. do you need your own account to access the classes or is it logged on to a celebrity account 

thanks 

The last cruises we have done there have been 4 bikes but usually not all of them were working.  You can use the bikes without a Peloton account & just create an account when you login to the bike.  If you want a popular time you need to reserve a bike thru the computer located in the spa.

Edited by KruznKimmie
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 7:15 AM, Giraffes said:

As of my last sailing, the bikes used for classes are not Peloton.

What ship? Possibly Peloton are not fleetwide (?). I know our 2019, 2022 Summit cruises, our 2023 Apex cruise and our 2023 Eclipse cruise had them.  

23 minutes ago, doghog said:

What ship? Possibly Peloton are not fleetwide (?). I know our 2019, 2022 Summit cruises, our 2023 Apex cruise and our 2023 Eclipse cruise had them.  

I have actually never seen them used for classes on any ship. I have only seen them in the main gym for all to use (if you have an account). They use the Technogym bikes if I remember correctly. It wouldn't make sense to use Peloton for a group class since the classes are streamed from the individual bike's screen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Giraffes said:

I have actually never seen them used for classes on any ship. I have only seen them in the main gym for all to use (if you have an account). They use the Technogym bikes if I remember correctly. It wouldn't make sense to use Peloton for a group class since the classes are streamed from the individual bike's screen.

You don't need an account to use the three or four Pelton bikes for general use in the gym (I always use them and do not have an account) along with the other brand bikes (uprights and recumbent). Maybe to you it doesn't make sense to you. The Peloton bikes that are always locked down in another room of the gym are for those that pay for that class with an instructor. 

1 hour ago, doghog said:

You don't need an account to use the three or four Pelton bikes for general use in the gym (I always use them and do not have an account) along with the other brand bikes (uprights and recumbent). Maybe to you it doesn't make sense to you. The Peloton bikes that are always locked down in another room of the gym are for those that pay for that class with an instructor. 

The bikes that are locked down in the separate room are not Peloton's. They are used for an instructor led spin class that you do indeed sign up and pay for.

I have a peloton account but I have seen lots of people use them as a "guest". Be sure to sign up as there are only three or four of them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cazo90 said:

The bikes that are locked down in the separate room are not Peloton's. They are used for an instructor led spin class that you do indeed sign up and pay for.

I have a peloton account but I have seen lots of people use them as a "guest". Be sure to sign up as there are only three or four of them.

They were on the cruises I was on recently.

Depends on the time of day. I used the general use Pelotons early in the morning (6:AM) if I couldn't walk the track do to weather and in the late afternoon(~ 3:PM) without signing up to use them and I was the only one using them. Consistent on our last four cruises. Two NE/Canada cruises (2019 and 2022 Summit), one Caribbean cruise (2023 Apex) and one Pacific Coastal cruise (2023 Eclipse).