Denali Nature History Tour is NOT that bad, and you can extend FOR FREE

firsttimecruiser88

So I did the Nature History Tour yesterday, it’s part of Princess land tour package, prior to this I had try to upgrade for months ahead of the tour to the Tundra Wilderness but was not successful because of the horrid customer service team at Princess who were so clueless, and eventually was told that it was sold out.

Anyways, read on as I have some too for you if you like me was unable to upgrade. So I did the tour, I found it to be very informative, I enjoyed learning about the history of the park and the talk about the Alaskan Natives, all was great. As the tour finished at mile 17 Primrose Ridge ready to turn around to go back, I didn’t board the bus and stayed back. I then waved down the GREEN transit shuttle to EAST FORK (which is the only route available now due to the land slide) and I went all the way to mile 43, as far as what the Tundra Wilderness Tour would have done, FOR NO EXTRA COST. Initially the day before the tour, I was going to buy the extra transit shuttle ticket, but at the Bus Depot the staff told me I didn’t have to, and can just give the shuttle driver the receipt of my Nature History Tour if he asked he would be happy to take me on.

So yeah, there you go, I enjoyed my Nature History Tour and then continued on with the transit shuttle all the way to mile 43, saw 2 bears, 1 wolf, way too many caribous and the beautiful scenaries of the park.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SightCRR said:

That is great news. Especially if the shuttle is not full and you get a seat. 

The first shuttle we waved down only had 1 seat and there was 2 of us, we waited for the second one and it was no problem, only 30 mins wait, and you’re surrounded by natural beauty anyways so a little wait and you can wonder off to enjoy the sight.

• Like 1