Air credit

killaypirate

Curious to see if anyone has more info.  I booked with the air credit.  When I eas checking costs with Flight Ease compared to booking directly with Air Canada they were the same.  I called and the agent said the credit had been applied.  I asked again how it could be when  the AC rate was very similar to the HAL rate.  He just kept repeating the credit had been applied.  We paid what I thought was a very good rate for the 11 night Adriatic Dream so, at the end of the day, not sure how the credit worked but happy with the final cost of the cruise.  

For two people, air credit is pretty much a pass-through. Let's say you get $900 in air credit - your total cruise fare would be lower by $900 if you didn't get it.   Example - you booked a cruise fare for $2900 including air credit, - that fare can be considered as $2000 without it. The actual air ticket on Flight Ease costs $1200, so your total cost is $3200 (2900+300, or 2000+1200 either way). 

Where the air credit bonus can kick in is if you have a 3rd or 4th person in your cabin. Their fare may only be $600 per person, but they also get the $900 air credit promotion, so essentially they are cruising for free or nearly free once you factor in gratuities and taxes. If you amortize their actual costs with the costs for the first two people, the per person cost cuts down a lot. In this example, first two people pay $3200 each, third and fourth pay 0 (600+300-900). So average cost is $1600 per person for 4 people in a cabin.

Also - Flight Ease pricing usually has the flexible option, changing flights would cost you no fees. That's one advantage about using it - you can monitor airline pricing and switch to cheaper options before final payment.

Edited by vicd1969
  • Thanks 1