Singapore - iPhone for transit

LizzGo

In NYC recently we were delighted to find we could use our iPhones to tap and enter the subway. Can you do this in Singapore? We understand it is easy to get around using mass transit there. Or I have heard mention of some card that be used interchangeably for MRT, LRT and buses. But tapping our phones would be the easiest. 

31 minutes ago, LizzGo said:

In NYC recently we were delighted to find we could use our iPhones to tap and enter the subway. Can you do this in Singapore? We understand it is easy to get around using mass transit there. Or I have heard mention of some card that be used interchangeably for MRT, LRT and buses. But tapping our phones would be the easiest. 

You can use Apple Pay (Apple Wallet) on Singapore transit.

How to visit Singapore using Apple Pay, Apple Wallet, and zero cash | AppleInsider

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peelboy said:

I don’t know if iPhone can be used.  I used credit card to scan to use the subway.  Very cheap less than a dollar.  The credit card will charge you the fare for the day not each trip.  

Use Apple watch is more convenient, no need physically remove you credit card from your wallet and tap.  Apple Pay can use on Toronto subway, London system, Singapore subway......