stateroom 7264 Quantum of the seas

Has anyone any knowledge of cabin 7264 on the Quantum of the seas? It seems quite near Jamies restaurant on deck 5 where there is some seating outside and I am wondering if that could be a problem noise wise. Any help appreciated thank's.

Edited by JohnGc

• JohnGc changed the title to stateroom 7264 Quantum of the seas

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/popup-deckpics.php?r=26674

This is a link to a picture of the outdoor space for Jamie's. It appears to be almost fully enclosed which would help with noise. I don't have any personal knowledge of the cabin but you could try looking for reviews on youtube. Good luck

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Has anyone any knowledge of cabin 7264 on the Quantum of the seas? It seems quite near Jamies restaurant on deck 5 where there is some seating outside and I am wondering if that could be a problem noise wise. Any help appreciated thank's.

I’ve stayed in 7260 on Ovation which is much the same as Quantum and I don’t think we heard any noise from Jamie’s but if you was on the balcony you may have but I don’t think they would open very late 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rkmw said:

I’ve stayed in 7260 on Ovation which is much the same as Quantum and I don’t think we heard any noise from Jamie’s but if you was on the balcony you may have but I don’t think they would open very late 

Thanks guys. I had a word with my TA and as I was undecided I have change my stateroom to 7646. It is close to the lifts.I did an earlier cruise on the Ovation with the same cabin number but on deck 10 and found it was great being near the lifts and also very quiet.

Cheers John.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thanks guys. I had a word with my TA and as I was undecided I have change my stateroom to 7646. It is close to the lifts.I did an earlier cruise on the Ovation with the same cabin number but on deck 10 and found it was great being near the lifts and also very quiet.

Cheers John.

7646 is above the smoking area on deck 5 and if your on your balcony you may get a  wiff from the smokers , nothing wrong with 7264 IMO

Edited by rkmw
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, rkmw said:

7646 is above the smoking area on deck 5 and if your on your balcony you may get a  wiff from the smokers , nothing wrong with 7264 IMO

Thank you, I actually thought that was further astern near the Via, My Ta is going to confirm for me. If it is as you say that will be a no no for me. Cabin 7646 is on a bit of a hump that is why I thought there would nothing below.

Edited by JohnGc

The only thing I found is a video of a guy that had cabin 6682 complaining about the covered outside smoking area on the Ovation. Hopefully the Quantum is the same if so cabin 7264 is a long way from that. Deck 5 plan does show a small square below cabin 6264 but a much larger one near Vintages. On a blow up photo of the starboard side of the Quantum it looks like those inflatable life rafts are stored under 7646. If I am wrong the TA told me she can change cabins anytime. Why cant R.C mark their deck plans for smoking areas etc to save all these hassles, can't be that hard to do. TA  could not get a definite answer from R,C I guess they are sales people and not expected to know about all the ships. Video of cabin 6682 Ovation below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPA79aXjLHg

I think 7646 should be adequately forward of the smoking area. While at sea, the smoke will not blow forward, but there could be a waft or two when the ship is in port. Being on the bump, there won't be a view straight down to the promenade where the life rafts are stowed. There is a youtube video of the cabin next door, although they seem to think they are on the port side 🤔. I am not sure it gives you much more perspective, but I have added it.

We have dined outside at Jamie's (on Ovation) and there is a fair bit of evening foot traffic past there to Two70, but I don't think there would be much noise after 9pm. We had a cabin above Two70 and expected a bit of noise, but there was nothing much at all, so no probs with 7264 either. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

I think 7646 should be adequately forward of the smoking area. While at sea, the smoke will not blow forward, but there could be a waft or two when the ship is in port. Being on the bump, there won't be a view straight down to the promenade where the life rafts are stowed. There is a youtube video of the cabin next door, although they seem to think they are on the port side 🤔. I am not sure it gives you much more perspective, but I have added it.

We have dined outside at Jamie's (on Ovation) and there is a fair bit of evening foot traffic past there to Two70, but I don't think there would be much noise after 9pm. We had a cabin above Two70 and expected a bit of noise, but there was nothing much at all, so no probs with 7264 either. 

Thanks Geoff. I think cabin 7646 may be okay and it is only a small trip across where the lifts are to my Daughters studio cabin that is on the Port side. If it was not for that I would favour the higher decks. Our TA did offer cabin 7226 that is another choice.

• Like 1