driving times around Cannes

I have planned the routes I will take from Cannes according to the Michelin website. I just wanted to know from those of you that have traveled there if these are accurate driving times in the summer:

Cannes to Eze: via N285, then A8/E80, then N7....59 km 46 minutes

Cap d Antibes to St Paul de Vence: D25, D125, N98, D33, N7, D45, D2564, D2204A, A8/E80, D336, D436, D536, D7, D2..........49km 42 minutes

St Paul de Vence to Cannes: D7, D536, D436, D336,D2085, D2, D2D, D2, N7, A8/E80, N285, N85.....30km 27 minutes

Basically, I'm trying to discover if I'm trying to fit too much in with 11 hours in port (ship docks in Cannes).

Thanks everyone!

-Lee

Hi Lee, It looks so easy when you post the route numbers and times. But, as you suspect, its not quite as easy as it looks. Assuming you do spot all the appropriate road signs, you will do fine. If you think you miss a turn (this can easily happen) do not hesitate to stop and ask for directions (even those not speaking English can understand place names and "help please"). As to your times, I suggest you keep your humor and flexibility. Traffic during the busy summer months can be awful along the coast...although you will find the A8 to be a very fast road (70mph +). If you decide to "slow down and smell the roses" you might consider taking the N98 through Nice rather than than the N7...as this will give you the opportunity to see some of Nice and perhaps stop for a walk along the Promanade or Old Town. Since you are going from St Paul de Vence to Cannes as your last leg, do not even think that you can make it in 27 minutes. Depending on the time of day (and the day) the last few miles into Cannes can be very slow. Give yourself plenty of extra time on this last leg...and if you make good time you can have some fun walking around Cannes (much better than portrayed by some). I have previously mentioned that the real wild card in independent travel from Cannes is how long it will take you to get tendered into town. I am sure you will try to make an early tender and lets just hope that your ship will be accomodating. There have been too many horror stories of ships that held independent passengers for 2 or more hours while they took care of all their tours. This has always made me angry, but its a fact of life on some ships.

Hank

Archived