Indonesian visa requirements

Wyohappy

I'm taking a Silversea cruise which stops in Bali, they notified me that I need to apply for a 30 day visa on the Indonesian website.  After struggling with getting the pictures uploaded it came to the address of where I will be staying.  I can't get past the postal code, anyone else who has filed for a cruise stop visa have any suggestions?

On 9/9/2023 at 5:49 PM, grmmybtty said:

The postal code for Bali is 80222. Good luck. It took me 4 hours to complete and submit the info. Their website is wonky.

Looking for any tips you may have. Also trying my best. Tried on desktop, laptop, different phones all to no avail. Used the services of an outside company for DW and it is over $200 to do it with them but not even confident its going to work!

Can you given any specific problems you are having? The address is the name of the ship. Once you put in the postal code, all of the other addresses automatically populate. The picture has to be a small pixel size. What I did was send it to myself as small and then save to my downloads where I could attach to the form.

The program seems to have extreme difficulty in reviewing the appropriateness of the passport photo. It either says it’s unacceptable or the progress metre just keeps spinning. If I ever do get successful at that, which happens occasionally, once the whole thing is completed and filled out and it’s entirety again I have to keep resubmitting it over and over again. I’ve tried both chrome and safari.

Try seeing if a smaller pixel format for the passport (like I described for the photo) will work. Otherwise you will just have to resubmit again and again. It took me almost 3 days of submitting and resubmitting and quitting before it finally was accepted. I think their system was testing how much we wanted to go there 😀. Good luck.

44 minutes ago, grmmybtty said:

Can you given any specific problems you are having? The address is the name of the ship. Once you put in the postal code, all of the other addresses automatically populate. The picture has to be a small pixel size. What I did was send it to myself as small and then save to my downloads where I could attach to the form.

It's the download of the passport that is hanging me up.  I got it to work once and now it won't.  I've sized it several times to get it to fit, just made sure all the info is on it.  I just keep trying.

1 minute ago, grmmybtty said:

Perserverence is the key. You'll do it. Have a great cruise. You've really earned it now.

It makes me never want to go there ever again if this is what I have to go through! If only the tourism department was really aware of all this.

1 minute ago, grmmybtty said:

I can feel your pain. I went through the same frustrations as you did. The visas for Cambodia and Vietnam are equally frustrating.

Thanks. I am persisting. Just learned that one should clear their browsing cache between each try.

1 hour ago, Wyohappy said:

Wow this is all way above my pay grade, I'm an old lady I wasn't brought up with technology.  Heck, my first office job had a manual typewriter!

I had a little Olympia typewriter in high school in the 60's, but had to crash learn how to use a computer as a graduate student. I think I'm pretty competent on a compurt now, but it was difficult to complete all 3 visas.

On 9/15/2023 at 9:20 PM, preston said:

Visa can be done by the cruise ship on board 

Which cruise line?  That is what should be done since everyone is having these problems! It's been over 10 days, and we still cannot get it to go through. Mine was fine, took about 30 minutes; hubby's is the one not getting through.

3 hours ago, grnidlad8 said:

Which cruise line?  That is what should be done since everyone is having these problems! It's been over 10 days, and we still cannot get it to go through. Mine was fine, took about 30 minutes; hubby's is the one not getting through.

Holland American