Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Park Tour from Durban

Monkeygirl2

Hi

Just looking for some advice on anyone who has taken a day or overnight safari to Hluhuwe-Umfolozi Park whilst staying in Durban. We are staying there Post cruise in Nov so I’ve been looking what’s available by Tour operators. Pick up from our Durban hotel would be ideal but some tours start from the Park itself so we would have to arrange our own transport there and back (1.5hr journey)

I contacted our hotel to see if they have vendors there (or the concierge) that could arrange our tour but they can’t help. Perhaps such tours are readily available in the city but would rather have it booked in advance

We haven’t travelled to South Africa before so looking for advice or feedback on people who have taken this tour in the last year

thanks

We used this company in 2019. https://endlesssummertours.co.za/hluhluwe-umfolozi-safari/

They picked us up at the cruise ship terminal in Durban and we spent one night at Hluhuwe-Umfolozi Park. It was a package (transport, accommodation & meals) so we didn't have to think about anything. We saw lots of wildlife. From the website it shows they have a few other options for longer trips as well.  

Hope this helps, enjoy your trip.

• 3 weeks later...

I did two different day tours with Tim Brown Tours prior to pandemic.  Each was wonderful, very professional, well paced, and knowledgeable driver/guide.  You’ll have a fantastic time!