Jamaica Beach HELP!!!

Ketola511

I need help picking a beach excursion.  We would like lunch and not be an hour from the ship.  We also need umbrellas and a bathroom are a MUST non negotiable.  I am traveling with my parents in the 70's, my handicapped sister and my 8 year old daughter.  It is my sister's bucket list to see the beaches of Jamaica.  So which would you choose and why?  Which would you definitely not choose?

1. VIP Bamboo Beach Club

2. Exclusive Beach Break at Discovery Bay

3. Blue Waters Beach Escape with Lunch and Drinks

I am struggling with this same issue. Looking for a beach that is decent, safe, and not a long drive from the ship. I saw an extremely bad review of Bamboo Beach Club on YouTube, so I've knocked that one off my list. Don't know anything about the other two. I am down to walking to the public beach that is near the cruise ship terminal, just to take a dip in the water. I've considered RIU Reggae or Jewel Paradise for day passes (go to Resort for a Day for info), but at $119 pp not sure they are worth the investment. I've also become wary of being a half hour drive from the ship on a very unsafe island. Sorry to be a downer on this, but I am also curious to hear if other cruisers have had a good experience finding a beach for a day in Ocho Rios.