Barcelona city & airport transfer excursion?

I am going on the Enchantment in about a month and the cruise ends in Barcelona, I have a flight from Barcelona at 5 pm and am considering prebuying this "excursion" from RCI. But I am wondering whats in it? The information is scarce, mostly something like "marvel at the sculptured figures from the windows of a motorcoach while you pass the surreal creations of architect Gaudi" Lots of superlatives but not much info about whats actually in the sightseeing tour.

Have anyone taken it? 

I took a similar tour a month ago from Southampton while debarking Anthem wich included Stonehenge and airport dropoff and what bothered me there was that it said that the trip would start at 8 am in the theather, fine, the first day on the cruise we got a notice that the time was changed to 7 am... Fine, we went there at 6.40 am and watched all the others drop in until 8 am.. we finally left the ship at about 8.15-8.30 in a very unorganized way. ( I thought that if they say 7 am, well thats when we debark then, not more than an hour later)

Sorry for my rant, does anyone know if its worth taking?

You should check into the tours offered by Barcelona Day Tours. They do a great job and will pick you up at the port and drop you at the airport. The best part is your group size will be 12 or less people in a small van compared to 50 people in a large bus through the ship. We used them the last time we were in Barcelona and will be using them again in April.

Edited by UKCatFan

On 9/22/2023 at 9:30 AM, UKCatFan said:

You should check into the tours offered by Barcelona Day Tours. They do a great job and will pick you up at the port and drop you at the airport. The best part is your group size will be 12 or less people in a small van compared to 50 people in a large bus through the ship. We used them the last time we were in Barcelona and will be using them again in April.

Sorry to horn in on another thread but I wanted to ask about your experience with Spain Day Tours. What time were you picked up from the ship after disembarking?  Were you just driving around for the whole 5 hours or did you get out at certain sights?  Thanks for taking the time to answer this. 

I agree that a tour with 12 vs 50 would be more beneficial. I’ve also seen on other threads where people book these sightseeing with drop off at airport and they are cancelled at the last minute when they don’t have enough to run them. I’d hate to scramble at the last minute. 

1 hour ago, mom4mom said:

Sorry to horn in on another thread but I wanted to ask about your experience with Spain Day Tours. What time were you picked up from the ship after disembarking?  Were you just driving around for the whole 5 hours or did you get out at certain sights?  Thanks for taking the time to answer this. 

I agree that a tour with 12 vs 50 would be more beneficial. I’ve also seen on other threads where people book these sightseeing with drop off at airport and they are cancelled at the last minute when they don’t have enough to run them. I’d hate to scramble at the last minute. 

I used Barcelona Day Tours while staying in Barcelina pre-cruise about 5 years ago. They picked us up in front of the apartment we were staying in. We got out in several places, including about 45 - 60 minutes in Park Guell. We also got out at Sagrada Familia & Montjuc. So it isn't just a drive by tour.

For my upcoming cruise, they are picking us up at the port at 8:30. Their communication is great and they will answer any questions you have. Some of their tours have a minimum of only 4 people. They should be able to tell you far enough in advance if the tour has the minimum needed.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Its a real shame you are not staying over in Barcelona for a day or two. The city is huge and there are so many things to do and see and some are far away from the others.

Because you will have luggage, that would make walking around by yourselves very difficult.

If you can get a airport dropoff tour via the ship or by a third party then that's probably the only way to go here.

However, if you do get let down by one or both, then because you would normally be off the ship by 9am and your flight isn't until 5pm you have a bit of time to spare.

So, you could get a taxi from the port into the Catalunya Square which was 10 Euro in June when I did it (dragging cases over that bridge and then walkiing up the Rambla with them is a killer). There are plenty of shops and restaurants to kill a few hours and then the airport bus (A1 or A2,depending on the terminal you need) leaves every 10 minutes or so during the day from Catalunya Square and has loads of space for cases and takes about 30 minutes. 

So don't worry if the worst happens with trips, but I would try them first.

BTW I have done many cruises in and out of Barcelona, and always have a day/night there before a cruise and normally have 3 or 4 afterwards. There is just so much to do. The Segrada Familia, The Zoo, The Cable Cars, The Beach, The Rambla, Newcamp, the list goes on.

Enjoy!

Mick.

Edited by Mick B
spelling