Fascinating Far East 2

Hi all we are sailing on the Fascinating Far East 2 cruise from Singapore over Christmas and New Year, the departure time from  Singapore is listed as 20.00  the plane is due to land at  10.40 am.   That seems ok but a look on the port website  Marella Discovery 2  is due to  sail  at 15.00 .   That time frame looks very tight i am thinking that must be wrong, does anyone have any information who is due to sail at that time on this, oh the flight time in to Singapore is from Manchester.  Any light  that you can shed on it would be welcome.

thanks   

Graham

• 1 month later...

Hi Kirsty,  I have looked on the government web page for travel to Singapore and it does look like we will need  a SG arrival card.  it must be same as Barbados one we had to do online 3 days before and if so Tui  will prompt you to do it, however i will ring my local Tui shop to confirm and ask about the return to Singapore  a week later.

happy cruising.

Graham.

We had a situation on P&O azura last year when some peoples flights were delayed because of snow at Manchester airport and i think Glasgow. The ship was meant to sail to Madeira at 6pm from Tenerife , the flights got in at 4am and the ship finally sailed at 5.30am so in most situations departure times can be adjusted at the captain's and ports discretion. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi - looking at doing this cruise in Jan 2026.

Can anyone let me know - was it good ? !! ?

Also - this was an adults only cruise ? The 2025 ones say adults only - which is ideal for us.

I looked at visa requirements quickly and it said none required for Singapore Thailand Vietnam Malaysia ? Is that correct ? Seen SG card mentioned above ?

Also looks like no vaccinations required but tetanus diphtheria up to date is good to have ?

I would be very grateful for any feedback as this cruise looks fantastic.

agent I chatted with said 2026 Marella cruises come on sale April ish.

• Like 1

Really jealous at you all going to Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia. We have done all that over the years but not ,now as we are too old!! Just go and order a Singapore sling in Raffles. It has to be done!! But don’t expect too much as the drink was not freshly made but out of a big vat of it so we were really disappointed. Yes there are peanuts on the bar floor but at least you can say that you have been and “smelled the coffee”!
In Vietnam, take careful note of the electric wiring outside the buildings!! And you must go in a local cafe to have a bowl of Pho.

enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1