windstar

9tee2Sea

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I have done a few cruises on the Star Breeze which will take over the Tahitian itineraries for Windstar from February 2024 and we love the size and ambience of this ship. While it is a motorised vessel (ie without sails) it is still a really good size for visiting French Polynesia. 

We have previously sailed on the Paul Gauguin in Tahiti and while we also enjoyed that experience the cabins on the Star Breeze are a lot more spacious and we thought the food was better and more varied on Windstar.

If you’re intending to sail before February then you will be on the Wind Spirit which is the classic sailing style vessel. Again it’s a lovely ship and ideal for sailing around Tahiti but the cabins are a lot more compact. Then again you’ll have the opportunity to experience travelling between the islands under sail (conditions permitting). 

Whichever option you decide upon you’re sure to enjoy it, but let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers, D&D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have sailed twice on Windstar in French Polynesia.  One on Windstar and one on Star Breeze.   Both are great to explore these beautiful islands.  They give you a chance to kayak, paddleboard, and snorkel too.  Service and accommodations are very good.   They are very welcoming to their gay guests!

• Like 1