Weight limits for luggage on the Scenic Highlights of SE Asia

worcestergal

After reading several other posts about luggage weight limits, I started wondering about restrictions for our trip in March. Our Scenic trip tarts in Hanoi, then we have a couple of nights on HaLong Bay, a return to Hanoi, then a flight to Siem Reap. Scenic has not informed us of luggage weight restrictions for the Hanoi/Siem Reap flight or anything about needing to downsize luggage for the trip on HaLong Bay. 

Do any of you know what the rules are for this situation?  I have called Scenic, but was not able to get any more clarification. Thanks!

We did this tour  with Emerald earlier this year - but flew from Hanoi to Ho Chi Min City (not Siem Reap) after Halong Bay.  We did not have any weight restrictions in Halong Bay, but there were some weight restrictions on the internal flight. We are used to 23 kg/50 lbs for weight restrictions.  If I remember correctly, the internal flight was 20 kg.  Not a huge difference, but it was important to our travelling companions as they packed right to the limit. 

They are strict with the luggage weights - and with the amount of checked luggage. 

When we flew from Siem Reap to Bangkok, our friends had purchased a second bag for souvenirs - and just thought they would pay a set amount for that.  Oh no...  they weighed both bags together - and then charged them by the pound for the overage.  It was not cheap!!  Just an fyi...

Fran

Scenic's website says (In FAQ)

What is my luggage allowance?
A.You are entitled to carry one suitcase per person with the total sum of its length, width and height not exceeding 76 x 53 x 28cm (30 x 21 x 11in), and a maximum weight not exceeding 20kg (airline dependent). Overweight or oversize items will not be carried. However, some ships may permit additional baggage at your cost. Personal and valuable items such as make-up, cameras, medication or money/currency should be carried in a separate travel bag.

For the flight to Siem Reap, baggage allowance depends on the airline chosen by Scenic. When you have flight details you can check the airline website to see what their baggage allowance is