Christmas Day on Azura

miss-heli

Looking for some advice from anyone who has cruised over Christmas with P&O recently.

We are on Freedom dining but have to choose a sitting for Christmas Day Dinner.

1st Sitting at 5.30 would be early for us but 2nd Sitting at 8.30 rather late. 

Will there be shows that evening ? or other activities planned.

I'm thinking that the 8.30 sitting may take until really late to complete......Thoughts please

TIA

12 hours ago, miss-heli said:

Looking for some advice from anyone who has cruised over Christmas with P&O recently.

We are on Freedom dining but have to choose a sitting for Christmas Day Dinner.

1st Sitting at 5.30 would be early for us but 2nd Sitting at 8.30 rather late. 

Will there be shows that evening ? or other activities planned.

I'm thinking that the 8.30 sitting may take until really late to complete......Thoughts please

TIA

As no one else has given you an idea of what happens over Christmas, I'll give an idea. I cannot speak for Azura in the Canaries but I go to the Caribbean for Christmas.  There will be shows in the evening, on Britannia there have always been two fitted in around the dining times.  The dinner does generally take around 2 hours as it is an extended menu. 

During the day there will normally be a pantomime - this is generally in the afternoon and  occurs several times during the voyage.  Azura was the second ship in the Caribbean until the pandemic and I have had several Christmas cruises on her.  The crew tried very hard to maintain her reputation as the fun party ship, certainly some of our cruises on her are some of our best Christmas memories.  Obviously her role in the fleet is now different but I would think the fun and games will be the same.

Overall Christmas Day is generally relaxing and treated as such. I'm sure you'll have a great time. Hope that helps.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Thanks 1

Meant to add Santa Claus and his helpers come on Christmas Eve.  Weather permitting there will be a deck appearance and party hosted by the entertainment team.  Keep your eye out, particularly high up near the funnel ...

Usually happens early evening, 6.00pm or thereabouts out where we are so if you are planning to book any speciality restaurants you might want to keep that time free if you want to join in.

Satellite permitting the big screen will link to the other ships so you can see how it's going in the Caribbean, Norway etc.

Christmas Eve is a big day onboard.

23 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Meant to add Santa Claus and his helpers come on Christmas Eve.  Weather permitting there will be a deck appearance and party hosted by the entertainment team.  Keep your eye out, particularly high up near the funnel ...

Usually happens early evening, 6.00pm or thereabouts out where we are so if you are planning to book any speciality restaurants you might want to keep that time free if you want to join in.

Satellite permitting the big screen will link to the other ships so you can see how it's going in the Caribbean, Norway etc.

Christmas Eve is a big day onboard.

Thank you for all the information 🙏