Celebrity Vacation Planners - Is it still 'hit and miss'?

Elusive_Cruiser

We've a Med cruise booked for Oct-24. Have not cruised since 2020 (thank you Covid) so have not dealt with Celebrity customer service for a few years.

We booked directly with Celebrity, and was very pleased with the service Nancy provided.  She was pleasant, efficient, and knew the product.

Decided to do a cabin change and saw a few available (per Celebrity website) cabins as options.  When I called in I spent over an 1.5 hour on hold (not used to this!) and then when I finally connected, the rep informed me that EVERY cabin I selected was not available, despite showing they were, both on the Celebrity website, and another one.  She actually put me on hold for over 3 minutes just to see if the cabin I wanted was available.  Weird.

As I wanted to change to a mid-ship cabin, I asked her to check what was available, and she informed me there were NO mid-ship cabins available at this time.  Weird.  Had her change me to a less desirable cabin, having decided I would call right back and talk to a different agent.

Lo, and behold, Daniel took great care of me.  The 1st choice cabin I'd selected was,sadly,  no longer available, but the 2nd choice was. Not only that, there was a price discrepancy of almost $200 between booking online and what I was now being quoted.  The previous agent basically said "I don't know why".  Daniel spent a very long time, patiently helping me get resolution, and he did!

The moral of the story is, if you do not like the first answer, call back!  AND, plan to put on your patience hat.  

Shout out to Daniel, and our original booking agent Nancy!!!

23 hours ago, Elusive_Cruiser said:

if you do not like the first answer, call back!

And be polite about it. I know that airline agents can put notes in your record if you are aggressive or abusive and that can make things difficult if you need to service your reservation again.

Edited by mahasamatman
typo
  • Like 1