Carol Cabezas is leaving Azamara

uktog

On 11/9/2023 at 1:16 PM, travelberlin said:

Oh, I do not mean the local companies. I mean the ones responsible for excursions on board. 
Ivi

The issue is not the shore excursion team on the ships... they do (or try to do) a phenomenal job. But they are as exposed to the onshore disaster and the dysfunctional systems as the passengers. On a recent sailing during which I failed to secure shorex bookings with the promised 10% pre-booking discount, it was clear that the shorex team would have loved to make the close to $4,000 sale, BUT the systems would not allow them to do so and the cumbersome workaround that was suggested was not acceptable to me. It is the onshore incompetence that has led to the dysfunctional or non-functioning IT systems that needs to be held responsible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CHTobi said:

The issue is not the shore excursion team on the ships... they do (or try to do) a phenomenal job. But they are as exposed to the onshore disaster and the dysfunctional systems as the passengers. On a recent sailing during which I failed to secure shorex bookings with the promised 10% pre-booking discount, it was clear that the shorex team would have loved to make the close to $4,000 sale, BUT the systems would not allow them to do so and the cumbersome workaround that was suggested was not acceptable to me. It is the onshore incompetence that has led to the dysfunctional or non-functioning IT systems that needs to be held responsible.

Maybe you are right, but my experience in my last cruises has not been positive with the excursions team because of a certain attitude of some of the people working there. According to my opinion this area of Azamara needs improvement. 

• Thanks 1