Musings from from Regal Princess, Nov 12-19, 2023

BlerkOne

There was a dedicated waiting area for Suites, Elites, and Platinum guests. They had coffee and continental breakfast. Of course one deck down, so did International Cafe, but there was a line for them. I got there late and pickings were slim. The temperature of the room was set to Arctic.

20231119_081221_DxO.jpg

20231119_081213_DxO.jpg

• Like 2

Debarkation was extra slow today (so was last week). I was in the last group and we were a couple of hours late. So I had time for a few last pictures. Nobody was a the Spa which also meant there was nobody to stop me from taking a self-guided tour.

This couples room has possibilities

20231119_093020_DxO.jpg

• Like 1

This morning only the first names and last initials were displayed, but why I really took the picture, for those who don't know, is the Do Not Disturb feature and the Service the Room feature. Princess doesn't have do not disturb signs to put on the outside handle. Instead you press the Privacy Please button until the room number banner goes red. Press it again to turn it off. Pressing the Service Stateroom displays a green banner. It would also turn off the Privacy Please, if on.

• Like 2

For both cruises of my b2b, I purchased the Plus package first thing after boarding the ship. The price was $60/day = $420/week and no taxes were added to it. It was not valid at bars for alcohol, water, anything, until out of Texas waters. I was able to use it immediately at the International cafe for coffee. By the second leg, I had stashed enough water and alcohol in the cabin refrigerator to see me through to International waters on that leg.

On the first leg, I purchased one drink at lunch in the MDR to see what happened, and was charged for the drink and taxes were added.

I heard Princess would issue a $25 credit to offset the Texas inconveniance, but I didn't see a line item for that. I did a port tax refund approximating that, but only on the second cruise, so I don't think was related.

By purchasing on the ship, it had no impact on the cost of Princess insurance.

• Like 3

Per the booking documents, there were two (2) formal nights on each cruise, even if the suggested dress for the second one was Dress to Impress. There were tuxes to be seen, as well as shorts, and everything in between.

Princess just makes clothing suggestions...

https://www.princess.com/en-us/faq/pre-cruise#clothing-recommendations

• Like 3