Do tour buses have seatbelts (for carseats)?

Nic'sMama

I searched this forum and read most of the posts about carseats (there are sooo many!), and it sounds to me like tour buses do NOT have carseats. Can someone confirm this? We are going on the NCL Spirit in May with our 17 month old, and I was considering a Tote-n-Go carseat for the tour bus ride from Port Canaveral to Orlando. If you have done this excursion with a toddler, what was your experience? Can you also rent cars at that port?

TIA for your help!

Nope, no seatbelts on the tour buses. If you bring a car seat (or the tote and go), they will make you stick it under the bus. (been there done that too many times :rolleyes: )

I know it's so scary to just stick your child in without a belt, but that's what they require. :(

I am dealing with the same problem. I am going on a cruise to Mexico with our 5 mos old and I have been told that there are no seatbelts on the tour buses. Most cabs prob wont have them either. I never have been able to figure out why buses and trains usually don't have seatbelts. I really want to do a couple of tours that sound perfect for travel with a baby. I am struggling too...

I also just confirmed w/the company that runs the transfer from Houston's airport to the port in Galveston that there are no seatbelts on that bus either. I, too, have always wondered why buses aren't required to have them. We were taking a bus to an event a couple of years ago w/DS on my lap, the bus came around a corner and almost crashed into the line of backed-up traffic in front of us. DS would have gone flying right out of my arms. Anyway, I guess I won't bother with a carseat . . .

Archived