Dock or Tender?

feirlin

I was reading on here that only 4 ships can dock at St.Martin. When we are in port there will be 5. We will be on the Costa Mediterranea on March 29th. How do we find out if we are scheduled to dock or to tender? We are arriving in port at 8am.

I would use cruisecal.com to find out the 5 ships docking there that day and then go the the specific line areas and ask the question there.

If you are on the unlucky ship that tenders, you will probably tender into the old town pier at the center of P-Burg saving yourself the trouble of getting from Wathey pier, where the 4 ships dock , into town.

In Speed 2, the crashing ship is driven full speed into the town pier in P-Burg.

...In Speed 2, the crashing ship is driven full speed into the town pier in P-Burg.

Huh?? Actually the ship crashed into MARIGOT on the French side. Matter of fact, a pier didn't even exist. It's all Hollywood "pretend" buildings.

Thats the funny thing... I did check cruisecal. Thats how I found out that 5 ships were scheduled to be there. Unfortunately it doesnt tell you who will be the tendered ship. I have not a clue how to find out that info.

If you check to see the times that the other ships are scheduled to arrive and depart, it is safe to assume that the four who get there the earliest are most likely to be at the pier. When we sailed on the Valor last December, there were more ships than they had pier space for at both St. Thomas and St. Martin, but Carnival always seems to get into port ealier in the day than some of the other lines, so we were at the pier both places. I think there is a website that shows what other ships are scheduled to be in port at the same time your ship is scheduled--complete with the times. (Sorry I don't remember the link, but I bet another more savvy CC member will!)

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

I did check the times and on cruisecal it says 3 of the big lines get at 7am, and my line (Costa Meditteranea) and RCC has Navigator of the Seas coming in at 8am. So its a fight for the pier space! LOL!

The link down below shows like 8 ships coming in that day and shows the RCC ship Navigator of the seas coming in at 7am (not 8 like Cruisecal).

I may try calling Costa but given that they couldnt even tell me the configuration of the upper beds in the cabin we got, Im not holding my breath on that one. Their customer reps seem very far removed from the ships.

Any more ideas welcome! My main concern is that I'll be renting a car and had planned to rent one at the pier.

Thanks,

Melissa

Archived