Help with Choice of Beach at Orient Beach

feirlin

I have been reading all the wonderful comments on here about the different 'beaches' (aka restaurants) at Orient beach and I am still not sure which to go to. We will have a 4 and a 6 year old in tow. Im not concerned about the nudity. The two things I am concerned about is finding a restaurant/beach bar area with cheap/good prices (two boys eat a lot!) . Also finding a place where they can do younger kid type activities (they can swim so I thought the water trampoline would be good and are there any water slides or other younger kid activity around?). Is there a place where we can find good prices and the water trampolines? Thanks!

Not easy question to answer because it is so subjective - based on personal preferences. The main places with the beach bar restaurants and watersports are the "Five Stars" - you can check out website: www.partyorientbeach.com You could look over posted menus - but of course they may change, there may be specials, etc. You may want to check out a couple places when you get there as to deal they will give you for trampoline/slide for family.

One thing that may help you is to understand that the difference between one 'beach' as you have defined it (restaurant) and the next, may be negligible. Orient Beach is one long curving beach, with a lot of the activity concentrated in a couple of areas. You know that you have moved from one restaurant area to the next when the color of the lounge chairs changes - at the main part of the beach the restaurants are not separated by great swaths of uninhabited beach area (there are some big gaps at the extreme ends).

There is a post on this site ('Unimpressed with Orient Beach' is the topic, or something like it) where Jason's Storm posted a very good aerial photo of the beach. To be honest, I haven't read the entire thread so don't take this as trying to sway you either way. I was just impressed with the photo. Jason's Storm is post #8. From the photo, you can see how close some of the restaurants really are to each other. Once you get dropped off, you can easily walk from one to the other, check out a menu and pick the one to eat at.

... The main places with the beach bar restaurants and watersports are the "Five Stars" - you can check out website: www.partyorientbeach.com ....

Those five beach restaurants are probably the most expensive on the beach. In some cases some folks consider the prices as outrageous.

We took our kids last month to Orient Beach for the day at port. Go to the northern end of the beach and there won't be as much nudity, though you will most likely encounter a topless woman or 2. The locals set up food service under tents that are reasonable, but yes, restaurants are very expensive. 3 burgers with fries and a Coke = $50.00.

Archived