Cunard the Odd Duck

JT1101

43 minutes ago, Myrtle Ave. Mayhem said:

I'm not impressed with Cunard food(Britannia class

Paying the fare on Britannia on Cunard to Viking is not fair. Viking is 2x the price than PG let alone Britannia. 
A better comparison would be QG vs Viking. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 9:50 AM, babs135 said:

Agree very much with this sentiment.  We've sailed on some of these gigantics of the sea (!) and whilst I freely admit that we did enjoy the cruises - please don't shoot me - we have always returned to Cunard where we feel very much at home.  Only 3 weeks until we board the Queen Victoria, but who's counting?!!

Still needing to try some of these mega ships myself, but I always find myself putting it off. We primarily sail on just QM2 now (and QA next year), because no ship can give that "special" feeling of being on a one of a kind, unique ship built to represent those of the past.

On 12/1/2023 at 6:19 PM, NE John said:

Well, this “Old Duck” just reported its highest ever number of guest bookings over the Black Friday period. Source: Reuters. 
QA Med cruise bookings “gathering pace” according to Cunard. 

To be fair, Princess and HAL also had record bookings. 

Interestingly enough, and from my (very limited) research, Queen Anne is also one of the few new ships to actually start selling out already. We're one month away from Icon of the Seas, and two away from Sun Princess, both still have plenty of availability left for their maiden seasons.

• Like 1

Another "Odd Duck" feature occurred to me - the Sunday morning service and the Bible Study. 

I love sailing QM2 in December, and the Sunday Morning Service is a highlight of that day. While being Interdenominational the feel is rather old school Anglican and the readings and hymns are appropriate for being on the sea. The Bible Study is a small group gathering of a more informal nature and being in December tends to be looking at Christmas related verses - one year I was aboard we had a surprise Study member on one of the mornings - Captain Wells. 

These sound like small things but they are all part of what makes Cunard Cunard. In this case these are parts of the onboard activities and enrichments which Cunard leans into pretty hard.