temperature in Vista venues

wencel

Can someone tell me what the room temperature is like in the dining, lounges and theatre on Vista? Almost all cruises I've done regardless of ship, line or itinerary tend to be cool onboard with theatres often being like ice boxes. Our cruise is warm weather but I wonder if I should pack a few fall pieces to avoid freezing onboard!

1 minute ago, wencel said:

Can someone tell me what the room temperature is like in the dining, lounges and theatre on Vista? Almost all cruises I've done regardless of ship, line or itinerary tend to be cool onboard with theatres often being like ice boxes. Our cruise is warm weather but I wonder if I should pack a few fall pieces to avoid freezing onboard!

I always have cardigan sweaters and shawls with me on cruises.

• Like 2

Go prepared and you will be ready for anything.  We did a May cruise on Vista, Rome to Trieste and it was great, weather was not HOT. We just did the Panama CAnal trip on Vista and the weather for me was 85-90 degrees and similar humidity level so it was miserable because I hate humidity. That said, Horizons was often an icebox, all day and night. Restaurants were comfortable but DW had a shawl with her just in case. It must be something about taking blood thinners 😇🤙
We traveled with friends who were in shirt sleeve golf shirts the whole time and others who had polo shirts during the day and a LS shirt (me) in the restaurants. No jackets taken or worn. To me, Horizons was the only place that was very cool, other public rooms or bars were fine. 
The automatic doors constantly opening and allowing the hot/humid air inside was the real issue. Not sure how to resolve that. We had no problem keeping our stateroom balanced yet we visited others who liked their room like a meat locker and were still trying to cool it further. I would guess the HVAC system will continue to be a work in progress and some will never be happy. 
IMHO, AND this is MY 2 cents

Mauibabes 

• Like 1

Traveling with only carryon for 19 night cruise so I need to pack very strategically. I've come to realize attire on Oceania (this will be our first) is more relaxed than on Seabourn, Regent & Silversea and have repacked to suit... which means replacing more formal wear with some slacks, LS tops and one casual fluffy zip up just in case! Thanks for the advice everyone!