Shuttle in Brisbane?

Nanner

We are on the upcoming HAL Australia/New Zealand Grand Voyage.  For those who have docked at the BICT, did HAL provide a shuttle into the city?  If so, where did it drop off/pick up?  I'm trying to arrange lunch with a friend while in town and this would be really useful to know.

When we berthed in Brisbane it was a short walk to the ferry which travels along the Brisbane River to the city and we got off at Southbank (a very pretty area) and to get to the city we walked across a major bridge and there we were, in the city. A much nicer way to get there. 

Did you berth at the BICT or the old Portside terminal? We will be at the BICT, which is pretty far from downtown. I hope to find out whether there’s a shuttle and if so, we’re the drop off point is. I spent almost an hour on hold yesterday trying to get an answer from HAL’s World Cruise/Grand Voyage desk!

It’s 4 years that we stopped in Brisbane so it would have been at the old terminal. The BICT opened in 2020. In fact I didn’t even know there is a new terminal!  It wouldn’t be close enough to Brett’s Wharf where we caught the Citycat (ferry) as it’s 12.5 km (7-8 miles) from the BICT. Unless there’s a shuttle, your best bet would be to get a taxi to the city or to Brett’s Wharf. Sorry I can’t help you further as Brisbane is not my home city. Have a great cruise!

Edited by ozcruizer
Confusing information