Dining options on the Ascent

Newcruiser2024

My husband and I are taking our first cruise ever on March 3rd. We are dining at 6:00 and I understand we will be assigned a dining room. For breakfast and lunch what other options do we have? I'm not seeking specialty dining necessarily. Where is the ocean buffet? I just don't want to spend extra money on dining.

8 minutes ago, Newcruiser2024 said:

My husband and I are taking our first cruise ever on March 3rd. We are dining at 6:00 and I understand we will be assigned a dining room. For breakfast and lunch what other options do we have? I'm not seeking specialty dining necessarily. Where is the ocean buffet? I just don't want to spend extra money on dining.

The Oceanview Cafe(buffet) is on Deck 14 aft(rear). If they have a similar setup on all the Edge class ships(I've sailed Beyond twice), daily breakfast and lunch are served only in the Cosmopolitan dining room(included), so it doesn't matter what dining room you're assigned to for those. You might have to check onboard, but on Beyond (I sailed this past October/November) we also had a fixed 6pm dining and we switched it up and ate in all 4 dining rooms with no problem(and were told we could come as early as 5:30, but again, this can vary ship to ship). Also, don't feel as if you must go to the main dining rooms because that's your assigned time/dining room. If the menus aren't to your liking or if you want a more relaxed/casual meal, the buffet is a nice spot for dinner.