Bringing soda onboard at a port

wgeddings

I had trouble finding a response about this and was sifting through a lot about bringing soda onboard the initial boarding.  My question is at a port of call (Grand Turk specifically after we leave from a US Port) can I buy some soda and bring it on board to drink onboard?  More specifically, if I go to a store there in Grand Turk and buy a 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke, is there a problem bringing it back aboard?   Does it matter if it is a 2 liter plastic bottle, a six pack of the 16 oz bottles or a package of cans?  

I know what I can bring on at the initial boarding so this is not that question.   I know alcohol bought in a port is normally "checked" and held until time to disembark at the end of the cruise but I want to know about non-alcoholic soda bought at a port call.  

Thank you!

1 hour ago, wgeddings said:

I had trouble finding a response about this and was sifting through a lot about bringing soda onboard the initial boarding.  My question is at a port of call (Grand Turk specifically after we leave from a US Port) can I buy some soda and bring it on board to drink onboard?  More specifically, if I go to a store there in Grand Turk and buy a 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke, is there a problem bringing it back aboard?   Does it matter if it is a 2 liter plastic bottle, a six pack of the 16 oz bottles or a package of cans?  

I know what I can bring on at the initial boarding so this is not that question.   I know alcohol bought in a port is normally "checked" and held until time to disembark at the end of the cruise but I want to know about non-alcoholic soda bought at a port call.  

Thank you!

cans are cool, bottles are not...no more than 12, 12 oz cans per adult in your party at your embark point or a given port.

• Thanks 1

Here is the FAQ answer:
While in port, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12-ounces/354-ml each or less per person.

https://www.carnival.com/help

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2