Holiday Inn Express San Juan PR

snowshh

Just got back from cruise and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I had read different reviews on this hotel prior to cruise. I am here to say we were very pleased with the hotel and staff. The only down was that the bathrooms were rather small. The hotel uses no bedspreads but use a white duvet with white sheets - loved it! The hotel did recommend a restaurant within walking distance (gave coupon for 10% discount) that most of our group was not pleased with. Some had to wait a very long time and they weren't really pleased with meal. I'm not picky - it was fine with me.

I was just going to come post the same thing! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express San Juan (Condado - I guess there is one by the airport too?) two nights post our Serenade cruise (3/18 and 3/19) and we were very pleased with the hotel. We stayed at the Marriott last year. While the Marriott is much nicer, it's also twice the price. I was pleasantly surprised by the Holiday Inn Express. It's a Holiday Inn Express, and it felt like just about any other Holiday Inn Express. There were some dings in the hotel room, the baseboards need some attention, etc, but overall it was very nice. The bathrooms were definitely tiny, and the rooms small, but after having been on a cruise ship for the last week they felt big! :)

There are lots of restaurants near the hotel. My in-laws ate at Island Breeze - a sort of deli place - and said it was great. We ate at a Puerto Rican place across the street from it - I can't remember the name now. Everyone said it was wonderful. Unfortunately, I'm a vegetarian, and they didn't have anything on the menu that was vegetarian, so my meal was rather dull - a plain lettuce and tomato salad and an appetizer of fried plantains. But everyone else raved about their food. We didn't have the seafood paella, but we saw her give it to someone else, and it looked wonderful.

We also ate at Tijuana's - which is a good walk from the hotel. It's about 2 blocks past the Marriott on Ashford. We ate their last year, so decided to walk down there. It would take a normal person 15 minutes or so walk there. My husband's family, who we were traveling with, walk incredibly slowly due to health issues, so I swear it took us 45 minutes to get there!

There is a nice park about a block from hotel on the beach. We flew a kite there on Sunday evening, and I guess there was a live band there on Saturday night. The beach is also very close by.

I'd definitely stay there again. The only bad thing I have to say about the hotel is that the elevators are ridiculously small. So it was often hard to get an elevator, especially when anyone was bringing luggage up or down. And the stairs were kind of creepy and uneven.

Archived