Capital One discount for MSC

Neotericisis

Hi there! 

My Capital One Venture card is offering a $44 statement credit for MSC bookings. It doesn’t specifically state a purchase limit, nor that it needs to be for new cruise bookings, so I’m going to try to apply it to my wifi package. We’ll see how it goes! Just thought I would pass the discount notice along in case anyone else can benefit. (I did a search and did not see it previously posted). 

Here are the details from Capital One: 

Merchant details

To earn the rebate you must make an eligible purchase at msccruisesusa.com. Not eligible for purchases or redemption of gift cards. To earn the rebate, you must be a Capital One cardholder or bank account holder, and logged in to your account on capitalone.com or the Capital One Mobile app.

How to receive the rebate

You will receive your rebate as a statement credit to your Capital One account within 3 billing cycles. Your account must be open and in good standing at the time the rebate is awarded to receive your statement credit. In the event you have more than one account, we may apply the statement credit to any active credit card or bank account that is open and in good standing. This offer is valid for consumer, non-commercial use only.

What is a qualifying purchase?

To make a qualifying purchase, you must click the button above, and then complete a purchase at the selected merchant’s site, in the window opened by the Capital One Offers tile, within 24 hours. Offer is not valid by any other method.

Use of other coupons, cash back, or promotional websites after selecting an offer and before making a purchase will invalidate your offer. Offer is not valid in-person or by telephone, and in-store pickup does not constitute a qualifying purchase. Purchases made without first being redirected by a Capital One Offers tile are not qualifying purchases.

How is the rebate calculated?

Rebate is calculated using the subtotal amount of your eligible purchase, which excludes taxes, shipping, credits, and other fees. A statement credit earned through this offer is in addition to any rewards regularly earned with your card. If you return or cancel an otherwise qualifying purchase, you are not eligible for a statement credit. Credits for subscription services are only awarded to new customers in their first billing period after the merchant has confirmed your payment has processed. Credits are not available on trial memberships, unless otherwise stated.

• Like 1

I just used this to purchase excursions. I'm hoping to get the credit. I wish they had some kind of confirmation and it didn't take a few billing cycles to know if you get credit. 

1 minute ago, mnpurple said:

I just used this to purchase excursions. I'm hoping to get the credit. I wish they had some kind of confirmation and it didn't take a few billing cycles to know if you get credit. 

I agree. My sailing is in March, so I won’t know if I got the credit until a month after my cruise lol! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2024 at 4:43 PM, mnpurple said:

The offer is so vague.  I'm wondering if I purchase an excursion for myself. and one for my husband separately....will I get two $44 credits.  And a massage for the same sailing....a third credit.