Bioluminescent tour in Puerto Rico

mistyPA

We will be in Puerta Rico from 10 til 10, does anyone have any experience with Bioluminescent tour? We will be there on the Enchanted in April. I am thinking unless Princess were to offer it, unlikely it could be done. Does anyone have any experience?

I had looked at doing this for our cruise in March.  I didn't think that the timing would work out.  All the tours I looked at would have looked like they would have gotten back just as the ship was departing. Didn't seem worth the risk.

I did take the tour many years ago..on our own.. not a ship tour. It was definitely not worth it! We went at night…very hard to see the Bioluminescence ….not just me..everyone on tour agreed..we still joke about it…

I’ve done one of these tours and really enjoyed it. We started early enough to spend time kayaking in the daylight then saw impressive bioluminescence.

The late timing is a good reason to book this tour as a ship excursion though Not sure what time the sun will be setting that day, but that’s one thing to check.

Odds are that the return could be awfully close to the all aboard time. A ship excursion would give you some breathing room

Edited by Torfamm

I have done this twice. We have an upcoming cruise with Puerto Rico on the itinerary. If I can find a ship's tour that is available, will do it again as we are traveling with friends who have not been to Puerto Rico.

It's quite a drive from the port in SJ to the Bio Bay.  You won't be able to do it unless a ship's tour.  We did it a few years ago while staying SJ--drove out & made a lovely evening of it by having dinner before at a great restaurant nearby.  We had a lovely clear night & the bioluminescence was bright & plentiful as we trailed our hands in the water.  Also fun to see the giant iguanas in the tress as you glide through the mangrove tunnel.  Well worth it if you have the time.