Is concerige stateroom worth the extra $$$

vipro

If I may suggest, this is an easy answer. If I am in the GDR line and the couple ahead of us is chatty or answers the Maitre d in an audible voice their overheard room number when checking in could easily say Veranda or Concierge Veranda. The PH guest could also have had a two top reservation and that was why there was none available for the Veranda guests. Again, MHO. 

Now my two cents about the value of the Concierge Veranda category.  We were on Marina years ago in the Med, preparing to visit Sorrento/Positano the next morning.  The Captain announced weather was an issue and we would be docking in Naples. Oh “S….” as there were about 6 of us and we had a Private Tour booked. Hundreds of panicked guests descended on Destinations and we just walked into the Concierge Lounge and one of the two Concierge’s picked up a phone and called our Tour provider and rearranged our schedule for a Naples pick up. We were done and off to dinner in 10 minutes and when we finished dinner hours later we went by Destinations and there was still a long line of guests. From that day on, we have NEVER booked less than Concierge level. We have always gotten value from the Concierge’s for a myriad of requests, even Specialty dining, on past cruises. IMHO, it is always worth the couple hundred dollars extra to always get the needed assistance in a timely manner. I don’t do frustration well 😇👍

OK,  that’s my story and I am sticking to it. 
Mauibabes 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1