Ascent ocean view cabin

bocamimi

What didn’t you like about the IV that you think will be different in a Oceanview cabin?  
If you booked a panoramic OV then it will be very much the same as the IV only smaller.  A regular OV will not have the large floor to ceiling window it has a small window.  A deluxe OV has more sq feet and larger window than a regular OV.

I wanted a panoramic cabin but sold out. IV so called balcony’s are nothing but a window that opens and you have to move the very small chairs to get over to it. As long as I have light in the morning I will be okay. Lots of people have complained about noise in their suites. Shame to  pay a lot for a suite and can’t sleep, many have been moved to empty inside cabin to get a good nights sleep. Hope they fix future E ships. I was on the edge when it first came out in IV and didn’t have noise but hated the cabin. I haven’t booked an edge class since. Nothing like the reflection we were on in December with a real balcony. My husband wanted to try again so we’ll see.

Our 1st time on Celebrity. Going on the Ascent in an IV cabin - Deck 7 - and I'm having second thoughts about not having a real balcony, especially as we really like sitting outside to read, etc. It didn't look to me like there were too many choices to get a real balcony on this ship within our budget. We picked the particular cruise for its itinerary and dates so won't make a change just because of that. Still, it is disappointing to read some of the commets.