What constitutes a Transpacific cruise?

I looked at my NCL account and have a 25% off coupon for any transatlantic or transpacific cruise in 2024.  Transatlantic shows as an option on the search engine, but transpacific doesn’t.  I’m going to shoot a note to my CAS guy, but wondering if others here have thoughts.

19 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

I looked at my NCL account and have a 25% off coupon for any transatlantic or transpacific cruise in 2024.  Transatlantic shows as an option on the search engine, but transpacific doesn’t.  I’m going to shoot a note to my CAS guy, but wondering if others here have thoughts.

I know the Vancouver to Tokyo cruise that I am on next May would count. I think the Vancouver to Hawaii cruises would also count but I'm not positive.

3 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

I know the Vancouver to Tokyo cruise that I am on next May would count. I think the Vancouver to Hawaii cruises would also count but I'm not positive.

Hmm.  Which ship?

you mention CAS.

are your cruises comped?

be aware that for comped CAS cruises, a "percentage off" coupon only applies to the admin fee. 

so, you'll save about $5 a day.

11 minutes ago, UKstages said:

you mention CAS.

are your cruises comped?

be aware that for comped CAS cruises, a "percentage off" coupon only applies to the admin fee. 

so, you'll save about $5 a day.

I always book through CAS, but the most I’ve ever been offered is a comped inside, but I always upgrade the cabin..  I don’t gamble that much.  I had a similar offer last year and CAS was able to apply the coupon, as well as an additional small discount.  It made the TA in the Haven very reasonable.

• Like 1

A true TransPacific would be the northern route; Yokohama/Tokyo to Seward or reverse.   I don't know if they are offering a single cruise Yokohama/Tokyo to Vancouver.

The central TransPacific route is usually offered as part cruises; I don't think a full TransPacific is offered.   Parts are Vancouver or Los Angeles to Hawai'i;  Hawai'i to Papeete; Papeete to Sydney or Auckland.   With the reverse as well.

28 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

A true TransPacific would be the northern route; Yokohama/Tokyo to Seward or reverse.   I don't know if they are offering a single cruise Yokohama/Tokyo to Vancouver.

The central TransPacific route is usually offered as part cruises; I don't think a full TransPacific is offered.   Parts are Vancouver or Los Angeles to Hawai'i;  Hawai'i to Papeete; Papeete to Sydney or Auckland.   With the reverse as well.

Thanks!  The Hawaii to Papette on the Sun in October is very tempting.

@Russiamomm

The Hawaii to Papette on the Sun in October is very tempting.

Could I suggest that you consider Hawai'i all the way to Sydney if you can afford the pennies and the time.   We did it a few years ago when there were even more ports visited.

I believe getting out of Papeete is a pain.   I have heard of people having to travel home from Papeete to the USA via Sydney!! depending on the airline you favour.

5 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

@Russiamomm

The Hawaii to Papette on the Sun in October is very tempting.

Could I suggest that you consider Hawai'i all the way to Sydney if you can afford the pennies and the time.   We did it a few years ago when there were even more ports visited.

I believe getting out of Papeete is a pain.   I have heard of people having to travel home from Papeete to the USA via Sydney!! depending on the airline you favour.

Hmmm.  Will definitely look into that.  All bucket list destinations!

8 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

I believe getting out of Papeete is a pain.

true.

papeete only has air lift on certain days of the week. and, invariably, disembarkation does not occur on those days. i have heard, if using NCL air, they have been known to charter aircraft.

i was considering this cruise on the spirit, but the other way... from auckland to sydney, sydney to papeete, papeete to honolulu. yes, a B2B2B. it would have been my first. but i could not get a stateroom that had other cabins above and below. the only cabins i could get were either adjacent to the smoking area on the ship, or below the fitness center or below the pool deck or below the buffet. i rejected them all.

10 minutes ago, UKstages said:

true.

papeete only has air lift on certain days of the week. and, invariably, disembarkation does not occur on those days. i have heard, if using NCL air, they have been known to charter aircraft.

i was considering this cruise on the spirit, but the other way... from auckland to sydney, sydney to papeete, papeete to honolulu. yes, a B2B2B. it would have been my first. but i could not get a stateroom that had other cabins above and below. the only cabins i could get were either adjacent to the smoking area on the ship, or below the fitness center or below the pool deck or below the buffet. i rejected them all.

I could deal with any of those issues to do this trip.  Looking at a B2B, Hawaii to Papette then onward to Australia.  Dream trip for me.

• Like 1