Sno Oslo - Indoor Ski Park

We'll be in Oslo on the Norwegian Dawn in July. My 18 year old son is super interested in going to the Sno Indoor Ski Park. Their website says it's 15 minutes from the center of Oslo. Has anyone been there? Would you recommend it? Would there be cabs available to take us or would we need to do the bus/train? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.visitnorway.com/listings/snØ/212665/

I just checked the TaxiFix app, and a taxi out there would cost a bit over 600 NOK and takes 15-20 minutes. If you take the L1 train to Lørenskog (40 NOK/person) it’s around 17 minutes on the train and a 10-minute (800 m) walk from the station to SNØ.

I’m not much of a downhill skier, so I thought it was pretty fun for a day. My boyfriend is a pretty experienced snowboarder and while it’s not a particularly challenging run, the little red stretch amused him and the novelty of doing it in the middle of summer was fun.

If your son is into tricks, there’s a snow park area that was very popular among the youth during the weekend.

Overall, I think it’s a fun concept and very much enjoyed the experience. Not great skiing for an extended holiday, but fun enough for a day.

Note: I didn’t try the cross-country loop, but it looked boring. The track was pretty simple (green or blue). I love cross-country for the scenery more than the sport, so just doing loops in an indoor hall doesn’t seem appealing.

10 hours ago, amypintx said:

@kaisatsu Thanks so much for all the info! Sounds like something he’ll like for a day (and so he can say he went skiing in Norway! 🤣

Norway would have also few glacier ski centres if you would want more authentic skiing in Norway experience during summer. However, I don't have experience with any and their locations may not be that practical for a cruise.