Great Private driver/guide in Willemstad Curacao

lynncarol

Just returned today from a 9 day cruise on Celebrity Equinox to the ABC islands.  I was struggling to find an appropriate tour in Curacao as the ship didn't dock there until 1:30, too late to get to Shete Boka National Park. ( I emailed the park itself and was informed that "sadly by the time you make the 40 minute drive to our park, you will not have enough time to enjoy the park, as the last entry is at 3:30"). Anyway, getting off the ship, we had the great good fortune to encounter Josh, a taxi service located right on the pier. We settled on a fee of $200 total for a tour of Curacao that met my following criteria:  1.  No shopping opportunities  2.  No place where we would encounter lots of other tourists and 3.  Take us someplace that he, personally considered a beautiful off-the-beaten path spot where we could get out and explore.  Josh delivered in spades: He took us to see flamingos (nobody else around), an incredibly beautiful beach surrounded by hills and only one local family present, the original housing of the local fishermen, the painted buildings of old town, overlooks of the cruise-ship and lots more.  All together it was about a 2 1/2 hour tour.  His van was airconditioned and comfortable, his English perfect and Josh himself is a real sweet-heart who took great delight in introducing us to his island. His contact information is Josh Transportation Tour Service, phone +59995151604 and email is Josueisabella48@gmail.com (if I read his written address correctly).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3