More than 1 date change when booking onboard.

Todd320

Several TA's on social media jump up and down an say you can only make 1 change even if booked onboard.  The FCP says you get more than 1 change excluding Bella level. The FCP also says it prevails over the standard MSC booking conditions and terms. Also when aboard the Seashore the FC manager told me you can make more than 1 change. I understand MSC customer relations can give bad information and can be hard to work with. I would like to know if others have had any problems related to this issue?

FCP.jpg

Edited by Todd320

51 minutes ago, kruisingkitty said:

I don't have any experience making a change, but I can confirm the onboard booking agent did say I could make as many changes as I needed with the online booking. This was less than a week ago.

Ok thank you. We got off the Seashore 2 weeks ago after a 11 day cruise and got the same answer. I wish they would have explicitly written it in the FCP document. All they did was to take out the 1 change restriction. This will probably never affect me but I would like to know the score before going in. Especially when dealing with MSC customer service.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Todd320 said:

Ok thank you. We got off the Seashore 2 weeks ago after a 11 day cruise and got the same answer. I wish they would have explicitly written it in the FCP document. All they did was to take out the 1 change restriction. This will probably never affect me but I would like to know the score before going in. Especially when dealing with MSC customer service.  

What was the benefit of booking onboard?

When they say "change"....do they mean to a different date?

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

What was the benefit of booking onboard?

When they say "change"....do they mean to a different date?

Yes different date.  The benefits are listed in the FCP above. I find the increase in OBC and double points are a nice perk.  If needed the price guarantee and date flexibility hopefully work to your benefit. If you book aboard your booking is automatically transferred to your TA. I booked a cruise for Nov when on board a couple of  weeks ago.  I ended up with $500 OBC from MSC. That doesn't include any OBC you may receive from your TA.