Who cruises with Oceania?

tom_uk

We have sailed Nautica and would not do so again. It is dated, smoke from smoking areas was bothersome.

The  O ships are much nicer and still considered smaller ships.

The best small ship line is Seabourn. Every aspect of the cruise is  noticeably superior.  Food is  5* We would prefer to stay with them, but they are expensive. Liquor, wine  is included- top brands, but we do not drink alcohol so feel we were paying a lot for a benefit we did not use. So we stay with Oceania- RIVEIRA is a  good size.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Panama111 said:

We have sailed Nautica and would not do so again. It is dated, smoke from smoking areas was bothersome.

The  O ships are much nicer and still considered smaller ships.

The best small ship line is Seabourn. Every aspect of the cruise is  noticeably superior.  Food is  5* We would prefer to stay with them, but they are expensive. Liquor, wine  is included- top brands, but we do not drink alcohol so feel we were paying a lot for a benefit we did not use. So we stay with Oceania- RIVEIRA is a  good size.

Yes. As a non-drinker I can't justify paying thousands more for top brands of alcohol I won't drink. I will stick with Oceania--and I am trying the new Crystal.

• Like 1

Hi Tom - We are looking at what I suspect might be the same Nautica Med cruise in 2025 as well.  We are from New Zealand and have cruised 6 times previously with Oceania, all on the smaller R class ships as they tend to do the more exotic and longer itineraries that attract us, although we would love to do a trip on one of the O class ships…!

The passenger mix on the trips we have done has been pretty wide, Americans in the majority but lots of Canadians, Aussies and Brits.  It does attract an almost exclusively English as a first language crowd

although when cruising the Med that mix may change a little.  

You will find the passengers typically well travelled and we have met some wonderful people.  You will find the entertainment and late night activities a little more restrained than you might be used to on the bigger mainstream lines and the bathrooms on the R class ships are a little on the snug side.

That said we love the product they provide and keep coming back  to Oceania as our line of choice.

Edited by undertone
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1