Port to hotel in Rome

momphoto

I know this has been asked before, but I need peace of mind by asking myself.   What is the easiest and economical way to get fro the port to our hotel in Rome post cruise.   I am a nervous person at times, so worry about having to drag luggage on a train and doing transfers.  Is there certain cabs to take from the main train station in Rome to get to our hotel?  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

As is often the case, the ‘easiest’ option is often not the most economical.

The possible options include a private transfer which is $$$, a shared shuttle with 2 or more stops, which is $$, or the train plus bus or taxi, which is $.

Your ship may also offer a transfer into Rome to a central point, but you’ll still have to get to your hotel via taxi, bus, on foot…

Taking a regular taxi from the port would probably be more expensive than arranging a private tour. Plus most private cars can wait for you right outside your terminal whereas taxis aren’t allowed into the port without evidence that they are pre-hired usually. So you’d have to take the port bus to the entrance where the free (not engaged) taxis line up for hire.

To answer your last question, yes there is a taxi stand at the front of Termini station in Rome. If you take one of the regional trains from Civitavecchia, it is a long walk. Better to get tickets for the Frecce train with reserved seats; these stop at the main tracks in the station, much closer to the taxis and buses (and metro).