Classic Drink Package on Celebrity Edge

mhlcanada

I read on Celebrity's website that the Classic Drink Package only includes drinks up to $10 on the menu.  I thought it was a little more than that.  Aside from domestic beers, there are no cocktails $10 or less when I took a quick look in the Celebrity App of a current sailing.  This is a rip off.  They already excluded gratuities from their All Inclusive pricing.  Can someone validate that it is drinks up to $10 only?

it is a rip off...basically forces you to upgrade unless you are soley a beer drinker.  I was on the Celebrity Eclipse last year, with the Classic drink package but was able to get some wine and cocktails without having to pay extra. 

30 minutes ago, mhlcanada said:

I read on Celebrity's website that the Classic Drink Package only includes drinks up to $10 on the menu.  I thought it was a little more than that.  Aside from domestic beers, there are no cocktails $10 or less when I took a quick look in the Celebrity App of a current sailing.  This is a rip off.  They already excluded gratuities from their All Inclusive pricing.  Can someone validate that it is drinks up to $10 only?

24 minutes ago, didicruiser said:

Yep

I

32 minutes ago, mhlcanada said:

I’m still confused about the difference between the packages if I decide I want a wine from the premium list am I allowed to buy that and pay the difference?

24 minutes ago, didicruiser said:

Yep

5 minutes ago, mhlcanada said:

it is a rip off...basically forces you to upgrade unless you are soley a beer drinker.  I was on the Celebrity Eclipse last year, with the Classic drink package but was able to get some wine and cocktails without having to pay extra. 

I’m still confused about the difference between the 2 packages. If I want a wine that is on the premium package can I buy that and pay the difference that’s above my $10 limit?
Will the waiter show me both menus?

The Classic package limit is $10 and there are plenty of drinks that you can get within the package.  The menus you see on the app represent the specialty drinks at the various venues, not the only drinks. 
For cocktails the main difference between the packages is the liquor used to make the drink.  Below is a list of the liquors on both packages.  For example a Bloody Mary made with Absolute vodka would be covered with the Classic package, but if you want it made with Grey Goose then it requires the premium package or paying a upcharge.  Where the Classic package is very limited is for wines, there are only a few within the $10 limit.

IMG_1108.thumb.png.232407320cc51f9040e7b1a2f1022220.png