DIY excursion to Corchito Ecological Reserve

I searched all of Cruise Critic for the name Corchito and got zero results. This is an Ecological Park that I noticed in a YouTube video about Progreso and have never come across it in all of my excursion research. Has anyone gone there on a port day? Do you recommend visiting? I would just have to use my friend Google to figure out how to get there, etc. 

I winter in a small village east of Progreso. One of our visiting grandchildren's favorite place to visit was El Corchito.  They first visited when the were pre-teens and have gone back as teenagers.  You arrive on the north side of the lagoon and pay for transport in a small boat to the dock for the park.  I am not sure  what is the cost.  Here is a recent story about the park.  https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2022/09/el-corchito-a-fantastic-ecological-nature-reserve-just-minutes-away-from-merida/

I think it would be possible to walk from the shuttle bus stop from the end of the pier to the park, but I would take a taxi.   You walk through the city in neighborhoods with poor or non-existent sidewalks. No food can be taken into the park (they do not want you feeding the animals), but bring your swimsuits, beach towels, bug repellent and reef safe sun screen.  Since we live in the Yucatan, I am not sure about excursions from a cruise ship.  

• Thanks 1