Just what is Purple rabbit

Hi all,

have been on 3 P&O cruises in last 18 months and have never seen this show yet.

Going on the Explorer in March and it seems the shows are still 7 and rock of ages.

What exactly is purple rabbit?

Is it some sexual suggestive burlesque type of thing or is it some sort of adults only comedy show?

We are not prudes but don't really enjoy comedians that call you out from the stage to make fun of you.

Any replies as to just what this show is will be appreciated.

Daz

• 3 weeks later...

I have been twice.  First time was so close to walking out, second time was ok.  In essence, there are five acts - 1&2 are a magician & a hula hoops act. The third act was where the problem was the first time - there was a man that made a "sound with his mouth" (think that guy from the police academy that made sound effects), but the second time around, it was replaced by a person who did a ball act.

The fourth act was semi magician / semi science act (he spun full beer glasses inside a hoop over his head / in circles etc), swords threw a box type of thing.

The fifth act is the worst... it is what gives it the R18 label as it is a "sexologist" who picks an audience member to find out about their sexual history (not really real - their lines are all scripted)  It ends up with them colouring in a picture of a dildo which the sexologist is hiding and while implies in an adult way it really isn't.  It is a terrible script, both times it was completely over acted and not at all funny.  A bit cringe to watch - I am not a prude, but I felt it was overhyped as an Adult show when the most R18 thing is a picture of a dildo and the word *****... 

The second time I watched the act I enjoyed it more but it does seem to be a scripted show that didn't really change apart from the change in the one act, and I would describe as a modern variety show. 

Some people do really enjoy it, and I guess it will come down to your type of humor and the acts that they have at the time.

My two times watching were June 22 and July 23, both on the same ship but the cast was completely different.  I only went the second time as my sister wanted to go and paid for the ticket.  I did enjoy it more round two but am unlikely to want to pay to see it again.  If it was free I would go (but might leave before the end....)