Train to trieste

momphoto

Wondering how it is taking the train from Venice t9 trieste with luggage.  Is there enough room on the train to keep luggage with you?    We are seniors so trying to find the easiest way to get to Trieste.

I took the train to Trieste last yr.  ooops, it's not last year anymore.  It was Sept 2022 !

I had read that seating was limited out of the Venice S Lucia station, with no room for luggage, so I chose to board in Mestre instead.  In Mestre I could purchase a Business Class seat on a Frecci train. With Bsns Class you can choose your seat, so I chose a seat near the luggage rack.  There were only 5 or 6 people in our carriage so in the end we just brought the luggage to our seat.  

Enjoyed the ride. Comfortable seating.  It was 15-20E for the ticket.  Left Mestre around 10:30am.   

It's easy to get to Mestre; board the train in Venice for less than 2E, takes 7-8 minutes, then change in Mestre.  

The only downside was that it was pouring down rain and the Trieste train station is a 15 minute walk to the ship.  We waited an hr for a taxi. 

P.S.  I took a FlixBus after the cruise because we were going to Venice Airport. 

The bus depot and train station are on the same block, so a 15 minute walk from the ship. Easy, flat walk.

We are seniors, and only travel with one carryon wheeled bag, so it was easy to do.

The easiest option is the cruiseline transfer since it will take you right to the ship.  But, you pay for that convenience. $75 instead of 20E.