Difficulty with Web Check In

abbymac

I am attempting to check in for our upcoming cruise. (we are within the 30 day timeframe.)   If I use my IPhone with the app, it requires my passport to be scanned and the scanner doesn't seem to work. There doesn't seem to be a way to manually enter the information via the phone app.

If I use my computer, I can manually enter the information on the website but it won't accept any of my photos and since my laptop doesn't have a camera I can't take a new picture.  It will not allow me to complete the check in process without the photo.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get around these issues, or do I need to try customer service?

Thanks

abby

This is strange.  For my checkin last I used the laptop website to enter the passport information but went over to the phone app to complete the credit card linkage and photo process.  My issue was that the credit card entry screen wasn't even present on the web page.

I was able to retain the data entered from the laptop when I switched over to the phone app...

I was having the same issues with the passport scanner, I kept adjusting the angle and glare on the passport and eventually it scanned all 3. Not that this helps much but I feel your pain!

when using the app checkin it would not accept my passport scan either , said it did not match my submitted info. I was able to add my passport number via the website, then use my phone via the website to get my photo added. then it was happy and fully checked in. 

Yup.  Same issue here. 

Passport have "Given Names" which includes my middle name. Middle name is not on my cruise reservation (nor has it ever been for my other 12-13 cruises with other lines). So - I get the "does  not match our records" error. That's when I use the app on my phone. If I check in on the laptop, I can enter the passport information manually - no problem, but I cannot get past the photo stage... for the life of me, I cannot get the "Selfie" to work with my laptop camera - it won't find my face to take the photo. 

It's a circular situation of pure frustration.  

I'm just going to show up at the port and check in there.  I'm assuming this is possible 

I feel your pain, I had the same issues as you did when I tried to do Web check-in on Sunday. I called MSC at 877-665-4655 and a wonderful person assisted me. I received an email immediately with my boarding information.  It was quick and easy!