NCL post-cruise transfer Whittier-ANC

dmwnc1959

21 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

Has anyone here actually done this transfer yet?  Anyone able to comment on the logistics and how well it went?

NCL hasn't yet used Whittier (first visit will be in April 2025). I know Princess Cruises and Holland-America were frequent users last season. Maybe ask over on the Princess Cruises Forum since their ships visit most often.  

• Like 1

Just now, quillwercruisers said:

This is the coolest thing to go through.

I understand the wanting to plan things out as soon as the decision is made to book the cruise. I am the same way. But, just remember as well, that with the people doing B2B's as mentioned above, some people could be staying in Whittier even though it is a pretty remote town, or they could have people picking them up, so they all may not be trying to get an excursion or a transfer. Like said above, transfers are usually pretty easy to do. If it makes you feel more comfortable, call NCL and ask them to add the transfer on to your reservation. Then if an excursion does show up that you want to take instead, just cancel the transfer and book the excursion. That way, even if you are unable to book an excursion before it fills up, your trip to the airport would still be covered.

All great advice! 👍 Unless things change, I’m booked on the B2B where Whittier is now my turnaround day from the 25-night coming from Florida through the Panama Canal. The idea of spending another week on board Norwegian Jade and ending up in Vancouver, maybe spending a night or two post-cruise then flying home, was quite appealing. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

All great advice! 👍 Unless things change, I’m booked on the B2B where Whittier is now my turnaround day from the 25-night coming from Florida through the Panama Canal. The idea of spending another week on board Norwegian Jade and ending up in Vancouver, maybe spending a night or two post-cruise then flying home, was quite appealing. 

That sounds like a FANTASTIC plan!!

• Thanks 1